Facebook: how to change the email address on your account
To log in to Facebook you need an email, but if you no longer use the one you registered for, it is easy to change it. All the details in the following note.
Have an account FacebookCurrently it is very important since now this social network has become one of the most important applications in the world and it is not only used to socialize with your friends, but also to create groups with colleagues from the company or entity where we work.
Sure you have Facebook for a long time but with a Hotmail address that you no longer use, therefore, in this note, we are going to show you the steps to change the email address of your account.
Having a Facebook account with an email that you no longer use could work against you when your password is exposed and you are forced to change or reset it. It is for this reason that it is very important to update our profile with the email address that we open daily.
This is a function of Facebook that can be done from your settings, the best of all is that our current account will not suffer any type of change. It is important to clarify that what we will do is not create a new Facebook account, but change the email address that we will enter when logging in.
You May Like
Also, you can include both a Hotmail account (current Outlook) or Gmail, we recommend the latter because it is easier to use. Knowing all this now follow the steps from a Smartphone or computer:
- First, click on the drop-down arrow or the three horizontal stripes in the upper right corner.
- Now, click on “Settings” and then “Personal Information”.
- Then you go to “Contact information”.
- Here we will see the phone numbers that we have included in all the time that we have our Facebook account.
- In this same section, we select “Add email address”.
- We add the email we use daily and our password and click on “Add email”.
- Here a message will appear and we have to click on “Continue”.
Ready, now you just have to enter our Hotmail or Gmail to confirm the email that Facebook has sent us and thus be able to log in with a different email address.
Copyright © 2024, All Rights Reserved.